Friday 22 October 2010

My Review - The Vault of Secrets Part 1 and 2

YAY! this is the sarah jane adventures I was missing. Not to say that I didn't like the nightmare man. (on the contary, TNMP1 was my fav episode ever!) but That episode didn't feel like the sarah jane adventures. I loved the romp-y-ness about the episodes. And with the vault of secrets part 1, we finally get the tone just right. First, we have humour. I felt that last weeks episodes didn't have a) enough humour and b) good humour. It was all too dark and scary.

Also, we has Gita! Gita has always been my favourite character. Plainly because she reminds me of my mum, and she's funny. I love how she potters about being friendly and panics alot. (and she owns a flower shop with the BEST name in all of creation!)

First the things I liked:

The Men in Black- I found them to be extremley intriguing in 'Dreamland' and I thought having them in live action looked ten times better than normal.

BURPS- I dont know how it's acctually spelt, but I loved the idea and I really hope this orginization will be back for the finale...

Clyde and Rani- I loved how thier relationship develops in this episode, a definate sign of a possible romance. I think having luke not there helped, as they probably felt embarresd to show thier feelings with himn around

Gita- Well, I've already talked about her above!

No Luke- Right, People are going to disagree with me, but I am so glad Lukes gone!
I have always disliked him. His character is always boring and his lines to 'robotic' I know it's meant to be like that but It has always annoyed me. I much prefer the Rani and Clyde, who seem to get more emotion in thier lines. Not criticising Tommy Knight, just the scriptwriters dialouge. With him out of the picture, we can shift a focus to the B storyline of Rani and Clydes relationship


Things I didn't like

Androvax- GAAHHHH! Why does The Sarah Jane Adventures bring back every alien they invent. I think also that Kudlak will be back at somepoint this series. First the Slitheen last week and now the androvax. I sincerely hope the won't bring back the trickster, but I'm betting that they will, what with an episode title called 'Goodbye Sarah-Jane' Anything with the word 'Sarah Jane' or 'The ******** of sarah jane' means a trickster episode! Although I did feel some symathy for Andorvax which I liked. The fact that the writers gave him some development as a character means they didn't just bring him back because he was popular (like witht he slitheen, graske, and the trickster) but because they had a story to tell!

The Vault- I'm sorry, but the effects used when the vault was opened was terrible. The spaceships looked fake and especially when Androvax escaped.


Gita Forgetting- This was perhaps the most annoying thing about these episodes. Gita Chandra forgetting the aliens. Whoever made that happen is officially annoying. I would have loved to see Gita in another epidoe going on an adventure with her daughter and Clyde. I loved seeing them pottering about the asylumn.

Music- This is minor, but there is a peice of music that makes me cringe that is played afer every gag and 'funny scene' in the episode. It happens when clyde says 'hasta la vista' after making the men in black shoot eachother, and also in the nightmare man when the slitheen blows up. It's so cheesy and makes me cringe with embarrasment, thinking 'how can the actors not crigne after watching that clip. They look embarrasing with the dialouge put to that music' it's cliche. Can anyone also remember the music. Tell me if you found it annoying or not.

Overall a great episode, 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment