Monday 30 August 2010

Series 6 to be 7 Episodes long.

The next series of Doctor Who has been confirmed to be split into two . One in Autumn/Winter that is 7 episodes long. And then an Xmas Special, then another series starting around Easter.

If you ask me, this is the most stupid idea I have ever heard and I hate it! I mean, REALLY hate it. 7 episodes per series will be stupid as the time will fly by. In my opinion, 13 episodes fly by anyway so this is a downer. Second. This change still hasn't resolved the low ratings issue. Yes, we will have Doctor Who when it's dark. But we will also have it in light around summer. Second. Doctor Who will be around more with only three months in-between each episode. This means people will be less excited when a premier comes around and will take to recording the episode instead.

Now, from what I've read, the only reason the BBC are doing this is so children will be happy because there will be less time to wait after a series has finished. No doubt that this decision was made after about 10 complaints to the BBC concerning this issue.

Another thing, Doctor Who has always been competing with the rubbish that is Britain's Got Talent. And now they are also going to have to compete with the X Factor (which, I have to say, I am actually enjoying)

DVDs and other media will get alot more confusing.

The only way I could feel better is by having series 6 split into two.. So that each part it still series 6. Having two series in a year would just feel rushed.

Anyway, thats my long rant about this issue. Tell me your thoughts in the Cbox, do you agree with me or don't you?

No comments:

Post a Comment