Monday 5 July 2010

Firewater - New First Scene


There hasn't been much news on my series for a while, but since my laptop broke I lost ep 2 of the series! Don't worry, though. I've redone most of it with just a page or too to do. My first scene id completley different to my original one. So, without further ado. Here is the first scene from ep 2 of my series, Firewater:


EXT.PUDDING LANE.NIGHT

An old street, cobbled, with old, Elizabethan houses.
One of them reads, FARYNOR BAKERY.
A woman appears, MRS DAKES, middle aged. She walks down the street whistling to herself. She looks nervous, she doesn’t like the dark very much.

Suddenly, the door to the FARYNOR BAKERY creaks open. MRS DAKES head shoots towards it. Standing in the doorway is THOMAS FARNOR, 35, slim. He looks far away, like hes daydreaming. MRS DAKES gasps in relief as she realises who he is.

MRS DAKES
Oh! Mr Farynor, it’s you!

FAYNORS head shoots towards MRS DAKES. He smiles, coldly. Mrs DAKES looks very scared.

MRS DAKES
I think you had better get back inside, Mr Farynor sir, You still haven’t recovered from that mental illness you got weeks ago.

FARYNOR laughs a cruel, cold laugh. MRS DAKES squeals.

FARYNOR
Oh, I don’t think so woman. You see, I don’t need to be hidden away from the world just because I have an illness. I’ve come to collect some people whom I can experiment on. For my work

MRS DAKES
Farynor, your barking! I don’t know what it is you’ve got but It’s doing your head in

She chuckles to herself. FARYNOR screams at her, he’s angry. MRS DAKES squeals again.


FARYNOR
I HAVE NOT BEEN GIVEN AN ILLNESS

BEAT

FARYNOR
I have been given a gift. And in return for the givers of my gift. I am doing a favour. And I need Humans. Someone like yourself.

MRS DAKES freezes. Petrified.

FARYNOR
Come Closer, Mrs Dakes.

MRS DAKES disobeys, so FARYNOR walks closer to MRS DAKES, a huge grin spread across his face. He takes out a dagger from his pocket.

CUT TO:

INT.TODDS BEDROOM.NIGHT

A large bedroom. A double bed against the wall, a larger fireplace, and a desk in the corner. A young man sits at the desk. TODD DAKES, 21, handsome. He is writing something in a diary.

Suddenly the screams of MRS DAKES are heared. TODD freezes.

TODD
Mother?

The scream still going on until suddenly they stop.

TODD
Mother!

TODD rushes out of his room

CUT TO:

EXT.PUDDING LANE.NIGHT
The body of MRD DAKES lies right in the centre of the cobbled streets. TODD rushes from a house, spots MRS DAKES and runs to her. She is covered in blood.

TODD
Mother? Oh, mother! What evils could have done this to you.

Suddenly, a door slams. TODD looks up to where the sound came from. He is looking at the FARYNOR BAKERY.
He looks, suspiciously. Then he turns back to his mother and starts weeping.

Finally, he gets the urge to speak. With his hands clasped together and his head low. He speaks.

TODD
Oh, lord. I don’t know who could have done such a thing to my poor mother but hear me out. I don’t know whats happened. And I need to find out what! So please could you find me someone. A detective. Because when I find out who did this and why. Their going to be sorry. And I...

TODD is interrupted by a sudden whirl of wind. Along with the wind came the scream of engines.

TODD
What in the name of..

Then, the TARDIS comes into view. It materialises beside TODD. The noise stops. And out of the TARDIS pops THE DOCTOR and AMY. THE DOCTOR stares at MRS DAKES body

THE DOCTOR
O.K! never had danger jump me in the face this quick into a visit. WOW! Thats exhilarating.

TODD looks up at THE DOCTOR, shocked. THE DOCTOR sees TODD

THE DOCTOR
Oh! Hello!

CUT TO TITLES:

1 comment:

  1. This is really good. You should definitely write more. :)

    ReplyDelete