Saturday 29 May 2010

Cold Blood - My Review


WOW! Amazing episode, I am speechless (fine, maybe i'm not but)

O.K, this episode was just as good (if not better) than Amy's Choice, which makes it the best ep ever! (and If you think about the dull scripts RTD came up with in the last 4 years, it would be!)
First Things First. The solution to the cliffhanger about Amy and Mo was quite good. Not the best but, still. I love the fact that it was Ambrose who killed Alaya (no more theories on wether she's Amy I'm sure) It is perfect for her charcter, and to be honest I felt her pain, and I realised why she did it!
The whole confrontation via the TV screens was great !

I felt that in this ep, the doctor and Amy had some fantastic one liners! most notably for me ,Amy's line 'No Pressure then' was fantastic, it made me Laugh out loud! and the doctor's line 'never said that before...that's FAB!' I thought was great, It really suits the character, and Matt Smith is really making the character his own. Speaking of the actors, they were all on top form, especially Karen Gillan as Amy. The scene in the TARDIS was absolutly heartbreaking :( (more on that scene later).
I thought the idea of the two species coming together for a chat was genius, and the way the scene was layed out was hilaious. I loved how bored Amy Looked throughout the whole thing. And when the tension rose and Restec realised her sister was dead, my little girl ran out the room out of terror. I was literally on the edge of my seat when they were all running around the city. Toby and Nasreen's goodbye was perfect for the two, however sad and then....we get to the AMAZING last scenes whic were the highlight of the episode and what gave Cold Blood a definate edge overe Amy's Choice....

Just as they were all going in the TARDIS, I was slightly annoyed as my bet with my girl that Rory wouldn't die was obviously not gonna happen. we see a crack.. and whenever theres a crack theres somthing bad following. Before the worst would happen the doctor pulls some 'shrapnel' from the crack. then, the worst happened. Rory was killed by Restec.
I am not joking, I guessed this would happen but I was still shocked. The following scene was so heartbreaking I nearly cried (but I didn't) Karen Gillan really wowed me in that scene, and anyone doubting her acting ability needs to watch that scene! Then...the two forget entirley about Rory (so sad...) The doctors goodbye to Ambrose was very fitting and I loved the doctors small smile at the end. Then...the shrapnel bit. A peice of the TADIS, what could this mean for the season Finale?
All in all a perfect episode, with only one fault, It flew by. I was enjoying it so much that it felt like half an hour. But thats not the BBC's fault. It's mine - for being such an overreactive, energetic Human:)
10/10

next week we have Van Gogh, France, Bill Nighy, The Church at Auvers. Can't wait till next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment