Saturday 22 May 2010

The Hungry Earth - Review


A Really Very good episode today!
O.K so some notes:
The first thing that grabbed me about this ep was in the first ten seconds of it! The Gruffalo qoute (and I'm not sure if it was just me) gave me chills. I think it's such a simple childrens book but they made it much more sinister!
What it up with the Amy and Rory 10 yrs Later thing? It must be part of the story arc for the finale! I liked the fact that, like in the past couple of episodes, the aliens weren't just hell bent on destruction but they had an acctual motive. veThe acting was just as good as ever and I loved the dynamic between Rory and The Doctor when Amy was pulled over.

The Doctors chat with the silurian, (don't remember her name) was brilliant! I loved the emotion Matt Smith brought to the scene. To me, the new design of the silurians doesn't bother me. I'm sure the doctor said in the episode that they looked different because they have been evolving.
Cliffhanger - not the best we've had. I thought it didn't really build up as much excitment as it should have done. So, when we realised the Silurians had a whole world under the crust it didn't have that big impact, which was a shame as it was the episodes only fault! Also, We know Amy survives from the EPIC next time trailer

The Trailer (by the way) is amazing! I hope the trailer mirrors the next episode!

Overall a great episode - not the best this season, but well in the top 5! Roll on Cold Blood!

8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment