Thursday 3 June 2010

City of the Daleks - My Review

O.K! Jerkiness and out of sync audio aside (if you still have that problem then check out Life, Doctor Who and Combom) and City of the Daleks was a very strong episode/game.



The Storyline- not too strong. But, I loved playing in Skaro and the art for the exterior of it was superb. I squeled when I saw the emperor Dalek (with a shiny new paint job!) and I thought the whole 1963 stuff was layed out great! The Pace was very good! Not too long on each part, so you don't get bored. And the cutscenes had so much good dialogue that it was impossible to get bored.



Gameplay- One word. FUN!! As soon as I was in control of The Doctor I was excited. You can explore the worlds and collect cards (more on this later) so you don't nessacerily have to do the mission that you are told to do. When the Daaleks were blind and I had to sneak past them witht ray guns going left right and centre I was on the tip of my toes! The only negative about the gameplay - some small repatition with the sneaking past Daleks. (but somwtimes I ran into one on purpose just to beextreminated by one!)



. The mini-games - These also need to be congratulated. They had variety from the normal gameplay of running around, and there wasn't too many mini-games! just the right amount. They were fun, and sometimes quite challenging. A bit of repatition with the maze mini-game. They could have made a few more different mini-games.



Graphics- For a PC game, these graphics were very strong indeed. Sadly, my audio was out of sync and the gameplay laggy, so I had to turn It to low graphic quality. I didn't change te game much, except for a few more pixels here and there. But yeah. About the level of the sims (and you could easily tell who the characters weree, so the producers did a good job designing the characters)



collectables - I loved the collectables idea! The best part of the whole game! It's so great that the producers decided to include this so players can go back and find something new while playing over it again. and when I saw the section 'Jellybabies' in my card collection, I nearly screamed. If you didn't know (and if you don't, shame on you) Jellybabies waere the 4th Doctors favourite sweet. It was great having a link to the classic series through that! But I only found 1 jellybaby card - chocolate (I don't remember where I found it. I also found, 'sisters of the water', 'K9','A Smiler' , 'A Dalek', 'Fith Doctor' and the 'sixth Doctor'.



All in all, a great game that all who fans should download. If you haven't yet dowloaded it, then I suggest you do it now. If the game is laggy, then change the grapics quality! And, you can play as AMY! HORRAYY!

7.5/10

One question though - The Daleks came through a hole in the sky. This is set during series 5. And the hole in the sky looked very much like a crack. A possible hint that the Daleks will be in the finale...
I'll take a screenshot and post it here, so you can decide. Meanwhile, what did you thnk of City of the Daleks?

No comments:

Post a Comment