Sunday 27 June 2010

My Top Ten New Who Episodes

So, another series gone! With the six months wait till Christmas with an Egyptian Goddess on the orient express, I have decided to compile a list of my top ten new who eps. I have only seen about 20 classic who episodes, so I won't review them.

Here they are: (BTW, Two parters count as one whole ep)

10: The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances
Just better than the empty child. I loved this episode, It was terrifying, emotional, funny. I think I nearly collapsed when the 9th doc said about haaving a craving for blondes in union jacks! The scene with Rose telling Nancy that Britain won the war was beautiful, and EVREYBODY LIVES! truly the best 9th doctor adventure!

9: Silence in the Library/Forest of the Dead
Although no where near as scary as moffs blink or the empty child, I still loved this episode. Forest of the Dead cosiderablly more than Silence in the Library. Moffats parralel world created for Donna was genius and the mystery River Song was a truly nail biting mystery spanned over the episodes. Although not as scary, the whole two episodes were spectacular and emotional and...incredibbly written!

8: Turn Left
I know I'm no fan of RTD's writing. But this was (And I hate to say it) an incredible peice of television. Evreything! The concept, the acting (catherine tate blew my mind in the circle of mirrors scene)and I loved checking off the list all the alien invasions that happened. An Epic Cliffhanger too!

7:The Unicorn and the Wasp
The most hilarious episode of who! I love Agatha Christie. And all the book references were awesome! Scary aswell. Although, the wasp was the best peice of CGI work on the show to date. I think it would have worked better if this time there was no alien. It was an acctual person! But the comedy more than made up for it! HARVEY WALLBANGER!

6: The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit
WOW! EPIC television! By far the best of series 2. The ood were Terrifying! That voice made me wet myself, don't turn around, Toby! Just, incredible!

5: The Time of Angels/Flesh and Stone
Another classic story from the moff. Better than any RTD ep! The weeping angels were back and worse this time round! The crack was there too! And the two doctors! River song was more explored and we find out that she killed someone! Terrifying, scary and with great acting from The trio (matt, karen and Alex)
and when the angels moved I shot out of my chair!

4:Blink
Just better than the EPIC two parter that follows this. Blink really does play with your mind and your nerves. A haunted house was an obvious thing for Doctor Who to do yet it has never been done before. Sally Sparrow is PERFECT companion material (maybe series 9?) and that montage of statues at the end...... ARRRGGGHHH!

3: Cold Blood
I'm not putting the hungry earth in with this as I didn't enjoy it as much as I should have done! But ep 9 was spectacular! It was fast paced and exciting! even without that last five minuites, but those last five ranked it up from say, my 15 fav ep ever to 3rd! THE SILURIANS ARE BACK! AND BETTER THAN THEY HAVE EVER BEEN BEFORE!

2: Amy's Choice
Stunning Episode with a chilling villan! What more can I say! Ice TARDIS looked awesome!

1: Vincent and the Doctor
WOOO HOOO! This is Doctor Who! Not just fighting monstors, but saving Vincent!
Made me cry all three times I've seen this! Amazing CGI in the sky turning into starry night! My daughter is now bugging me to go to see the church at Auvers and they really are interested in Van Gogh. The monstor Did look like a chickin. But it wasn't supposed to be scary. It was a paralell to Vincent (who was amazingly played by Toby Curran) BEST WHO EP EVER!

So, thats it! As you can see, I have alot of series 5 eps thrownin there! But seeries 5 was by far that best series!

No comments:

Post a Comment