Sunday 13 June 2010

The Lodger - My Review


A great episode tonight! Not the best this series, but still, a fantastic way to spend 45 minuites.
The things I liked about this episode was the mix between scary and funny. My daughter and I were definetly chilled when that passer by was lured into the upstairs.
The reason for The Doctor leaving Amy behind was good, and It was all to do with the time loop going on on Aikman Rd.
I felt the episode was a little different, but that was expected. I also liked The Doctor playing match maker again. Craig and Sophie were a really beliievable couple. and I kind of whooped with joy when they kissed. I must congratulate smithy (james corden) as Craig Owens. He was really believable in the roll. And i'm sure many people can relate to him.

The whole stuff inbetween the monstor (which I will talk about later) was awesome!
The omlette was hilarious, as was the doctor intruding craig and sophies 'breaking the ice' conversation. The Doctor in the shower was pretty funny, although the bit where he dropped his towel (don't worry, you don't see anything) made me groan out of cliche!

The monstor was very cconfusing, when we realised that upstairs was a TARDIS, does this mean that a time lord is still here. He's been trying to build a TARDIS. (maybe this shows he isn't one. As TARDIS's are grown) But I still don't get what the monstor was. From what I got, it sounded alot like the clockwork men from the girl in the fireplace. And when we got to see the the house once the TARDIS had gone, did it not look extremley out of place and wierd. I have never seen a bungalow/terrace before.

I was glad that Amy was in it more than I thought she'd be! The Doctor and Amy's conversation was great and the dynamic between the two charcters are great!

Overall, a very solid episode. Funny and chilling, despite the monstor revalation. And Amy with the ring.... whats gonna happen?

8/10

NEXT WEEK LOOKS TOO EPIC FOR WORDS! ARRRRGGGGGHHHHH CANT F****** WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment