Saturday 5 June 2010

Vincent and the Doctor - My Second Review

O.K , so I know I've already done a review but after watching it for the second time. I seem to have had someone come into my mind and twist it to change my reaction to this episode.
Call me over reactive (yet again, the third time this series) but it seemed (like I'm suure loads of people agree) to be the gem of the series thus far. Which makes it on par with cold blood. I didn't think it was the best ep of who. And after watching cold blood again, I don't think that is either. So now, cold blood wasn't my favourite ep of who ever! Amy's Choice still is.
But, Vincent and the Doctor is deffinelty a second! During my second viewing I cried twice. TWICE! And I'm a grown man who had already seen it before.
If your wondering, I cried when Vincent saw his paintings. And, when they were lying together on the ground, looking at the sky. Which, may I say, is possibly the greatest scene EVER! In who history! It was pure magic! The little hand grasp between Amy and Vincent was lovley! And where do I begin with the sky. When it turned into the starry night. Along with Vincents description of the sky. I was in bawls of tears. A chillingly beautiful scene!

So, I conclude. This episode IS then gem of the series. Even though I like Amy's Choice more, I think this is the best ep of the series, but not better than Amy's Choice. I'm soooo confusing, You guys probably know what I mean.
If you thought the episode was great! but not AMAZING! I think you should watch it again (like I did) and try to really take in the atmosphere. (o.k, I sound like an obsessed school teacher - I'll stop now)

9.5/10 ( The only reason i'm not giving it 10 is cause I don't want to seem over reactive)

p.s, I no I made comments about the BIG continuity error concerning night time and day time. But I think it's got something to do with eps 12 and 13. We'll see!

1 comment:

  1. It was one of the most deeply moving things I have seen on tv. I also well up when I see it and for some reason seem quite content to still watch it. The kids loved it. One little frined of my son's asked us not to put it on again because it made him feel so sad. And for us it was even more moving because we found a portrait of Vincent top to toe. The only full body one in existence. A pastel by his neighbour Jeanne Donnadieu. And Tony Curan looked just like him!! It was so incredible to see that Doctor Who and see Vincent so real ... just like our beautiful portrait. If you want to see it I made a website showing our research. www.vincentvangoghportrait.com so please do have a look. People have stood in front of it and actually cried!! I wonder if they saw the Dr Who first?
    Yours, touched (no comments please)
    Mandy

    ReplyDelete